Diamond Buying Checklist
1. Select your diamond by viewing it under a high-quality microscope so we can show you how your diamond matches its grading report.
2. Select your diamond by viewing a selection of diamonds in different lighting conditions placed next to each other so that you can see the difference in fire, brightness, scintillation, and luster.
3. Only choose a diamond with a GIA grading report with an inscription.
4. Choose only a responsible sourced finely crafted hand-set ring manufactured to Ream Jewelers specifications with a one year warranty on defects.
5. Do not buy online due to these reasons:
A. A diamond’s luster or beauty cannot be determined without viewing it.
B. Whether the diamond falls high or low within each grade cannot be determined without viewing it under the microscope. For example is the diamond a good SI1 or a weak SI1?
C. It is a major hassle to return a diamond purchased online if it turns out to be disappointing.
D. A diamond’s fluorescence affects its beauty but cannot be determined without viewing it. A GIA grading report makes no determination on whether the fluorescence causes oily or haziness in the diamond.
6. Choose a diamond with a lifetime warranty including a grade guarantee, and including a no hassle refund so that you can insist on a second opinion.
7. Don’t risk buying your diamond from a jeweler without a highly rated long-term reputation.